Prep’s longstanding tradition of summer service immersion trips will continue this summer, and Campus Ministry is looking for alumni to participate as chaperones.
For years, Prep has been traveling across the country (and sometimes beyond) to join in solidarity with a variety of communities through summer immersion trips. The purpose of these trips is to build community both among our students, and between our students and the people they encounter through their service. Students can use these trips for completing their service hours, but many students participate to take part in the experience.
We are excited to announce all of the student slots for our summer immersion trips this year are already full! In turn, we are in need of chaperones and we hope our alumni can help!
This summer, we are excited to offer seven immersion trips! Click each location to learn more:
- Bethlehem Farm, Talcott, WV: June 11-17, 8 Students/ 2 Chaperones
- Romero Center, Camden, NJ: June 19-24, 10 Students/ 2 Chaperones
- JusticeworX, Trenton, NJ: June 25-30, 10 Students/ 2 Chaperones
- Dolores Mission, Los Angeles, CA: June 25-July 1, 10 Students/ 2 Chaperones
- WV Ministry of Advocacy and Workcamps, Gilbert, WV: July 9-15, 10 Students/ 2 Chaperones
- Nazareth Farm, Salem, WV: July 16-22, 8 Students/ 2 Chaperones
- Appalachian Institute at Wheeling University, Wheeling, WV: July 23-29, 10 Students/ 2 Chaperones
Here is what’s in it for you:
- These trips are awesome opportunities to get to know our current students and help ignite their spirit for service.
- It’s extremely powerful to learn about different communities around our nation from firsthand experience.
- There is a $600 stipend!
- It’s an opportunity to show off what Prep for Life really means. Showing our students that former graduates want to continue to be involved is deeply impactful.
If you are interested, please complete this form.
Feel free to reach out to Keith Cummings, ’10, Assistant Director of Campus Ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.