Saint Peter’s Prep Application Procedures
Class of 2027: If you are interested in becoming a member of the Class of 2027, you can initiate or continue your application process here. Please complete the application as directed. Students will also submit an essay, request teacher recommendations, and authorize the school to send 6th, 7th, and 8th grade grades to Prep. We also require the HSPT test (or equivalent).
Transfer students: If you would like to join our community as a transfer student, please start the process by emailing Mr. John Irvine, Director of Admissions, at IrvineJ@spprep.org for further information.
Thank you for your interest in Saint Peter’s Prep. In an effort to make the application process easier for our prospective students and to help ensure accurate information, our application form is now completely online.
Admission to Saint Peter’s Prep is open to young men of any background who fulfill our academic requirements. Eighth grade students who wish to attend Prep for their freshman year must complete the following:
- The HSPT entrance exam (or SSAT, ISEE, TACHS, or equivalent). The HSPT Admissions Test is given at various locations, including Saint Peter’s Prep. Visit www.njcoopexam.org for more information. Online registration for the HSPT opens on September 1, 2022. The test will be given on Friday, November 11, 2022, with a make-up date of Saturday, November 19, 2022.
- An official transcript from the student’s current school that includes his final grades from the 6th and 7th, and the first marking period (or trimester) of 8th grade. You can download a copy of the official transcript request form here.
- An official teacher recommendation form must be submitted by one of your 7th or 8th grade teachers. Please share the link to your personal teacher recommendation found in the checklist on your admissions portal.
- An essay (see prompt below).
- Complete Prep’s Online Application, below.
All five components must be submitted before an applicant’s file may be reviewed.
Contact the Admissions Director, Mr. John Irvine, ’83, P’11, with any questions at IrvineJ@spprep.org or 201-547-6389.
Preview the essay prompt below. Previewing the essay prompt will allow you to prepare your response in advance, so you can simply upload it when prompted during the application process.
As the Admissions Committee reviews the many applications for our incoming class, our hope is to select young men who will be successful at Saint Peter’s Prep and who will graduate modeling the ideals of the “Grad at Grad” – open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving, and committed to doing justice.
We also hope to find students who – with their many gifts and talents – will make us a better school. In a personal essay, please tell us how you hope to contribute to the life of the school and leave your mark on Saint Peter’s Prep.
(Suggested length: 300 words)