Updated information for 2021!
Session 1: June 28 – July 1st
Session 2: August 2 – August 5th
9:00 AM to 12:30 PM Caven Point
Transportation will not be provided – Parents are required to pickup and drop off @ Caven Point.
The camp is staffed by Saint Peter’s Prep head varsity coach, Pat Laguerre and many other members of the Prep coaching staff. Any questions can be directed to the Athletic Director’s office at 201-547-6450. The cost per athlete is $300 per session or $500 for both sessions.
Saint Peter’s Prep Facts
- Established in 1872
- New Jersey’s Only Jesuit High School
- 900 Young Men from over 100 Communities in New Jersey and New York
- College Preparatory curriculum with 100% College acceptance
- 17 Varsity Sports and 30+ Co-curricular Clubs and Activities
|9:15- 9:45||Stretching & Throwing|
|12:25||Closing Remarks – Dismissal/ Pickup|
Skills covered in stations for the 4 days:
- Infield Play (Footwork, Double Play Pivots, tags, Approach steps, wind work, sun work)
- Outfield Play (Drop Step, Crossover Step, Communication Drill, Ground Ball Work, Sun Work)
- Pitching (Grips, Arm Slot, Delivery, Balance, Pickoffs, PFP’s)
- Catching (Receiving, Framing, Blocking, Tags, Giving Signs, Pop Time)
- Hitting (Bat Selection, Stance, Stride, Situational Hitting, Bunts, Tee Work)
Caven Point Rd Facility (Cochrane Field at Ed “Faa” Ford Memorial Complex)
1 Chapel Ave, Jersey City
From the NJ Turnpike, take Exit 14B. At the toll booth, make a left turn onto Bayview Avenue. You will pass under the Turnpike. At the light, turn right onto Caven Point Road and follow this road for 1 mile. The stadium will be on the left. Turn left onto Chapel Avenue to enter the parking lot.
Lincoln Park brochure (map and address included) – West Side Ave, Jersey City