2023 Camp Info
SESSION 1: June 26 – 29 @ Caven Point, Jersey City
SESSION 2: July 31 – Aug 3 @ Location TBD
TIME: 8 AM – 1 PM
COST: $300/session OR $500 for both sessions
The camp is staffed by Saint Peter’s Prep head varsity coach, Pat Laguerre and many other members of the Prep coaching staff. Any questions can be directed to the Athletic Director’s office at 201-547-6450, or email your request to Ms. Erica Abbondante, Administrative Assistant to the Athletic Director.
The cost per athlete is $300 per session or $500 for both sessions.
SAINT PETER’S PREP FACTS
- Established in 1872.
- New Jersey’s Only Jesuit High School.
- 900+ young men from over 100 communities in the Tri-State Area.
- College Preparatory curriculum with 100% College acceptance.
- 19 Varsity Sports and 30+ Co-curricular Clubs and Activities.
Daily Camp Schedule
|9:00 – 9:15||Registration|
|9:15 – 9:45||Stretching & Throwing|
|9:50 – 10:50||Stations|
|10:50 – 11:05||Break|
|11:05 – 12:05||Stations|
|12:05 – 12:25||Competitions|
|12:05 – 12:25||Closing Remarks – Dismissal/Pickup|
Skills covered in Stations for the four days:
- Infield Play (Footwork, Double Play Pivots, Tags, Approach Steps, Wind Work, Sun Work)
- Outfield Play (Drop Step, Crossover Step, Communication Drill, Ground Ball Work, Sun Work)
- Pitching (Grips, Arm Slot, Delivery, Balance, Pickoffs, PFP’s)
- Catching (Receiving, Framing, Blocking, Tags, Giving Signs, Pop Time)
- Hitting (Bat Selection, Stance, Stride, Situational Hitting, Bunts, Tee Work)
Caven Point Road facility (Cochrane Field at Ed “Faa” Ford Memorial Complex)
Navigation Address: 1 Chapel Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07305
NJ Turnpike to Exit 14A/B/C via I-78 toward US-1/US-9/Holland Tunnel. Merge onto I-78 East. Take exit 14B toward Jersey City. Turn left onto Bayview Ave. Turn right onto Caven Point Rd (at the light). Turn left onto Chapel Ave (at light). Field and parking is on the right.
Lincoln Park brochure (map and address included) – West Side Ave, Jersey City