As Saint Peter’s Prep approaches its 150th anniversary, it stands proudly as one of New Jersey’s premier educational institutions and the state’s only Jesuit secondary school. Located in the historic Paulus Hook neighborhood on the Jersey City waterfront, the high-achieving student body of 900 young men represents 140 different communities in 11 counties, plus New York City. The school recently completed a $56 million capital campaign, in addition to receiving some $2.5 million in general support annually during that same period. At this time, coming from a position of strength and accomplishment, Prep is seeking an experienced, talented and inspiring professional to lead the Advancement Office into its next successful chapter.
The Chief Advancement Officer directs a broad-based Advancement program—including annual giving, alumni relations, prospect research, special events, parent relations, and the Raiser’s Edge database—and also participates with securing major and planned gifts. This includes leading a team of Advancement professionals and meeting the institutional goals of the Advancement Office. The Chief Advancement Officer reports to the Vice President for Planning & Principal Giving.
- Oversees an annual fundraising plan and corresponding programs to meet established departmental goals and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: directing strategic initiatives for securing donations to the Annual Fund via interpersonal, direct marketing, and digital channels; implementing alumni, parent and friend giving programs; executing prospect research to support fundraising at both the annual and major-gift levels; and developing new approaches to complement traditional advancement initiatives.
- Employs data analytics in developing proactive and progressive Advancement initiatives and associated goals; also, establishes and monitors achievement of data-driven performance metrics.
- Provides daily management of an Advancement staff that (currently) consists of three directors (Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, Special Events/Parent Relations), the Database Manager, and a part-time associate. This includes establishing annual goals and providing regular performance reviews.
- Supports the President and the Vice President for Planning & Principal Giving regarding acquisition of major gifts.
- Develops and directs donor/prospect cultivation, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship activities.
- Maintains a portfolio of prospects and donors to support various funds and institutional initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with the members of the Finance Office on monthly reconciliations and financial reports.
- Oversees a comprehensive alumni relations program, which includes reunions, awards dinners and regional gatherings, as well as an active Alumni Board.
- Oversees the parent relations program, including on-campus social and/or cultivation events; stewardship of parent volunteers; and meetings of the Prep Parents’ Association.
- Oversees management of gift processing and donor acknowledgements, as well as the broader Raiser’s Edge database.
- Oversees major fundraising and cultivation events, including the President’s Dinner, the Fashion Show, the Grand Gala, and the Golf Tournament.
- Provides all relevant financial and donor-recognition data for the annual President’s Report.
- Meets regularly with the President and the Vice President for Planning & Principal Giving regarding advancement goals and initiatives; also, provides reports to the Board of Trustees and other constituency/stakeholder groups, as appropriate.
- Fosters an atmosphere of enthusiasm for the school beyond the Advancement program and, as appropriate, attends Saint Peter’s Prep events and activities.
- An understanding of Saint Peter’s Prep and its Jesuit educational mission.
- Proven track record of fundraising results.
- 5+ years of previous experience in a successful fundraising environment, preferably in an independent school or similar not-for-profit organizational setting.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge.
- Proven organizational, writing and public speaking skills.
- Ability to balance priorities in a multi-faceted environment.
- Ability to lead and inspire the members of the school’s Advancement team, while also serving as a respected and effective leader within the broader Prep community.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume/CV, three references and samples of achievements in relation to the position’s qualifications to LocricchioM@spprep.org or Saint Peter’s Prep, Office of the President, 144 Grand Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302.
Saint Peter’s Prep, Office of the President, 144 Grand Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302.