Our Block Party at Grand & Warren is just a few days away, and we can’t wait to see you as we gather more than 1,000 members of the Prep family to celebrate 150 years of Pride & Glory! To help ensure everyone has a great time this weekend, we’d like to share some information you will hopefully find helpful…
- If you haven’t already, please take a moment to RSVP if you plan on attending. This will assist in our final planning for the day, and also allow us to contact you in case the weather forces us to reschedule from Saturday to Sunday (see below).
- The Block Party is scheduled for 1pm to 5pm on Saturday, May 14. There will be no formal program, just a festive environment with food, fun, games, music, and friends. That means there is no need to arrive at any particular time. Just enjoy the day!
- Parking in Downtown Jersey City is no picnic, as you probably know already. With more than 1,000 names already on our guest list, and the Prep courtyard not available for parking (for obvious reasons!) we strongly recommend you consider using public transit. As most Prep students could tell you, PATH at Grove Street or Exchange Place, or the Light Rail at Marin Boulevard or Exchange Place, are just a 5-10 minute walk away! If you will be arriving by car, there are a number of pay parking options available nearby.
- Check-in tables will be available at either end of the Warren Street Plaza (near York Street and near Grand Street), where guests 21 and over can show ID and receive a wristband. Alcoholic beverages will be served only to guests wearing the appropriate wristbands. If you will not be drinking, you can skip this step.
- We’re keeping an eye on the weather, too! As you may know, there is currently a chance of rain forecast for Saturday. We know your weekends are busy and we appreciate your setting some time aside to celebrate Prep this Saturday, so we will make every effort to keep the Block Party on schedule. However, if it looks like the weather will be decisively bad, Sunday the 15th is our rain date. If we need to reschedule the Block Party to Sunday, we will send a follow-up email on Friday afternoon.
Thanks for reading, and we look forward to seeing you this weekend!