Prep’s Model United Nations team took part in the Seton Hall Model UN Conference this past weekend, and earned five individual awards plus a team award. Congratulations to the team, under the guidance of Mr. Will Reese, Prep librarian and Model UN adviser!
- Best Delegate Award to Stephen Bassler, ’22 representing Judge Marc Perrin de Brichambaut (France) on the International Criminal Court
- Outstanding Delegate Award to Lucas Hjertberg, ’22 who represented Judge Howard Morrison (United Kingdom) on the International Criminal Court
- Verbal Commendation Award to Nicolai Mendoza, ’24 who represented Judge Robert Fremr (Czech Republic) on the International Criminal Court
- Outstanding Delegate Award to Nicholas Marusic, ’22 who represented Senator Thomas Kuchel (R) of California on the U.S. Senate Committee
- Outstanding Delegate Award to Logan Elliot, ’22 who represented Fire Lord Zuko of the Fire Nation on the Avatar: The Last Airbender Crisis Committee
In addition, Prep received the Best Overall Small Delegation Award for the conference. The eight delegates named in the award are pictured above. Top row: Patrick McCabe, Logan Elliot, Nicolai Mendoza. Middle row: Nicholas Marusic, Lucas Hjertberg, Stephen Bassler. Bottom row: Tomek Botwicz, Anthony Cinquina.
The Model UN team is back in action Sunday, April 24th in a conference hosted by Stuyvesant High School.