After a very successful 2018 season, ending at the Nike National Northeast Regionals, the Saint Peter’s Prep Cross Country team is ready to get back into action and looking to add their success.
Head coach Chris Caulfield is on his third season as head coach, in addition to being the track and field head coach for seven years now, and expects nothing but hard work and success from his squad.
The team, ranked #17 in the NJ.com preseason top 20, has put in the hard work and has one main goal: win the Non-Public A state title.
Edwin Klanke, the fourth best returner in the state, is leading the charge for SPP. Klanke, the top ranked runner in the county and top junior in the state, is coming off a strong sophomore campaign. He broke the 5k school record with a time of 15:29.50 and the 4K county record with a time of 12:41.80.
Other key returners for the Marauders will be Rodolfo Sanchez, Tyler Parrado, Ethan Blackwelder, Alex Gudaitis, Liam Concannon and Patrick McCabe. Luke Bradley, in his first cross country season, will be a key contributor as well.
The first meet of the season will be the Battle at Ocean County Park in Lakewood on Friday, Sept. 13 at 4 P.M.
Below is the 2019 Cross Country schedule:
- Sept. 13: Battle At Ocean County Park
- Sept 14: Saint Dominic Cross Country Invitational
- Sept 21: Bernie Magee Class Meet
- Sept 28: Garret Mountain Invitational
- Sept 28: Bowdwin XC Classic
- Oct 5: Shore Coaches Invitational
- Oct 10: Jersey City Championships
- Oct 12: Manhattan High School Invitational
- Oct 24: South Hudson Championships
- Nov 2: Hudson County Championships
- Nov 9: Catholic Track Conference Championships
- Nov 16: NJSIAA Group Championships
- Nov 16: Jesuit Championships
- Nov 23: NJSIAA Meet of Champions
- Nov 30: Foot Locker Nationals