This fall, Prep’s Athletic Hall of Fame will welcome twelve athletes and one team to its ranks. The festivities will include the first ever inductions for Hockey, Volleyball, and Lacrosse!
Congratulations to the following inductees, who will be honored October 23 at our seventh Athletic Hall of Fame dinner. They were nominated by members of the Prep community and chosen by a selection committee on behalf of the Alumni Board.
The Hall of Fame Class of 2019
- Ed Brown, ’49 (Football)†
- Drew Buzzio, ’03 (Soccer)
- Ed Costagna, ’47 (Football)†
- Ryan Enrico, ’98 (Hockey) – First Hockey Inductee
- Mike Farley, ’01 (Lacrosse) – First Lacrosse Inductee
- Dan Gronda, ’90 (Football & Wrestling)
- John Massaro, ’59 (Basketball & Baseball)
- Frank McElroy, ’66 (Swimming)
- Jordan Roldan, ’03 (Volleyball) – First Volleyball Inductee
- Jack Russell, ’48, P’81, ’83, ’85 (Baseball)
- Edmund Wilhelm, ’53 (Football)
- Craig Zaleck, ’89 (Swimming & Baseball)
- The 1961-1962 Basketball Team
Full details – including the time and location of the induction ceremony, ticket sales, and sponsorship opportunities, will be available later this summer. For now, save the date, and get ready to celebrate these outstanding contributors to the proud tradition of Prep athletics!