Bright sunshine and gentle breezes awaited the golfers in Prep’s 42nd annual tournament when they arrived at Galloping Hill this week. It was a perfect day for golf, and a perfect day to continue this ever-popular Prep tradition.
With the number of participants capped to promote a relaxed atmosphere on the course, the 140 players made the most of the weather, as well as a course that had weathered the recent downpours surprisingly well. And with the generous support of our sponsors – including Mack-Cali, Athena Capital Advisors, Fields Development Group, and Connell Foley – the day was certain to be a success for Prep and its mission of Jesuit education.
Congratulations to the award winners in our tournament!
- Wagner Cup Champion (Lowest Individual Gross): Ignacio Duarte
- Lowest Individual Callaway: Gavin Cummings, ’84
- Ladies Cup Champion (lowest individual gross by a female golfer): Kate Lillis-Magnus
- Lowest Gross Team (foursome): Gavin Cummings, ’84, Greg Herenda, ’79, Dave Viggiano, ’79 and Damien Halligan.
- Closest to the Pin: Dave Viggiano, ’79
- Longest Drive: Matt Donofrio, ’14
- Most honest golfer: Will Fong, ’09