The Saint Peter's Prep Food Pantry is a new way for Prep to serve the community around us. An Eagle Scout project by David Bovich, '15, the Food Pantry is stocked with non-perishable donations given by Prep students and families. On one Saturday morning each month, Prep holds a Grocery Distribution Day that coincides with that month's Sophomore Retreat. Students on the retreat make grocery bags for hungry people in our area, and work directly with them to select other food items that match their family's needs.
Each Grocery Distribution Day runs from 9 to 10 a.m. Coffee (and conversation with friendly Prep students) is available for guests while they wait to receive their groceries.
A list of all of the Grocery Distribution Days for the 2016-17 School Year is below. All distributions run from 9 to 10 a.m.
- September 24, 2016 - Warren Street Courtyard
- October 15, 2016 - O'Keefe Commons (Corner of Grand and Van Vorst)
- November 19, 2016 - O'Keefe Commons
- December 10, 2016 - O'Keefe Commons
- January 14, 2017 - O'Keefe Commons
- February 25, 2017 - O'Keefe Commons
- March 18, 2017 - O'Keefe Commons
- April 29, 2017 - O'Keefe Commons
- May 13, 2017 - O'Keefe Commons